We buy clothes online, electronics, and home goods etc. We pay bills, do our banking, we even order our prescriptions for delivery. Grocery shopping seems to be the last, unconquered frontier in online shopping. Sure delivery service has been around for years, but not many people realize its value as both a time saver and money saver. If you’ve been toying with the idea of using a grocery delivery service, now is the time to do it. We’re currently offering a New Customer $10 Off Peapod Coupon Code which should hopefully help to make you a Peapod convert.
Grocery delivery services seem to have a stigma that they are more expensive – even wasteful -because you’re paying for the delivery service. This could not be further from the truth. I’ve been having my groceries delivered by Peapod for the past two years and I’ll never go back to the days of browsing the aisles. The convenience is the most important factor for me. The doorbell rings and my groceries are here, and I’m only paying $6.95 delivery fee (for orders over $100) for the luxury.
Still a skeptic? Let’s see if I can help convince you otherwise:
- Impulse purchases! While strolling the aisles of my local grocery store, I can easily rack up an extra $10 in items I didn’t have on my shopping list. Whether it be gum, candy or magazines by the register, or the bag of chocolate chunk cookies I promised myself I wouldn’t buy but I’m going to simply because I’m having a bad day and here they are on sale. Saving on impulse purchases more than makes up for the delivery fee.
- Fighting over parking spots, braving the cold, sleet, and snow, broken wheels on carriages, screaming kids, the guy writing a check in the express lane, “what do you mean each banana counts as one item?’ etc. etc. etc. Need I go on? Grocery store hassles are a thing of the past when you’re shopping online in your underwear from the comfort of your own home. Not to mention that you’ll save on gas spent driving to the grocery store.
- Gone are the days of buying in double because you can’t remember if you need it or not. Yesterday I stopped by my mothers’ house (not a Peapod shopper) for lunch. I opened her fridge and was greeted with four jars of mayonnaise, and no mustard. It seems she may have forgotten which one she needed when she reached the condiment aisle – for the past four weeks. Anyway, when you’re shopping from home it’s very easy to double check and see which items you need in the pantry or fridge. I myself have a half full bottle of mustard, AND a half full mayo as of press time.
- Peapod is incredibly easy to use. I’ll admit that the first time shopping on Peapod is the hardest. You have to create your grocery list from scratch, but after the first time it’s saved for future use. You need only cross reference it and add or subtract additional items. For first time Peapod shoppers, my advice is to pull out your last grocery store receipt and use that to create your first shopping list on Peapod. You can ‘browse aisles’, shop by item description, view on sale items, etc. They even have an ‘instant coupon book’ for immediate savings. You can’t beat it!
- Prices and quality are on par with grocery stores. Since Peapod is a delivery service of your local grocery store (in the north east it’s a subsidiary of Stop & Shop, in the West it’s Giant, etc. ) the quality and prices are the same as the stores you already know and trust. You can even apply manufacturer grocery coupons to your order.
- Time is money. Let’s face it, we’re all busy people. We have jobs, kids, gym memberships, dinner dates, unforeseen events etc. Therefore the time you spend waiting sixth in line in the grocery store, lugging grocery bags up a third story walkup and cleaning broken eggs out of your backseat after being cut off on your ride home adds up to cold hard cash. Well worth the $6.95 delivery fee, don’t you think?
Hopefully I’ve convinced you to give Peapod a try. Try it risk free by using our current coupons and Peapod.com promotional codes.