Musicals are becoming all the more popular, with the recent successes of “Mamma Mia” and “Nine.” A musical is a movie or play where the story and characters are revealed in part through song and dance. Most people either love or hate this form of entertainment. If you are looking for something different for Valentines’ Day for someone who adores musicals, you are in luck. There are a lot of really great options. Here’s a lift of gifts that are sure to delight any musical fan.
- Give a gift membership to the Disney Movie Club. It’s a gift that keeps on giving, as many animated musicals can initially be bought for the same low price. Fulfill only the initial obligations to get a good deal on some great movie musicals.
- Use Date.com to send them on a date to see a live musical with someone who shares this common interest. This is a gift that could get a bit touchy. Make sure that your single loved one is open to the idea of a blind date before giving it. It can be one of the most fun and most appreciated presents that brings together two musical fans.
- Put together a gift basket. Great gift baskets can be obtained from Target.com. Fill the gift basket with obscure movie musicals that you know the recipient doesn’t have. Consider giving the often-underrated, cult classic musical “Xanadu” alongside more serious fare. Dig more deeply than just a DVD, though. Include vouchers for complimentary singing or dance lessons to invite the friend to step into the world of musicals. Many musical fans often want to get up and be part of the action, and this present can enable her to do so.
- Treat the friend or family member to a concert performed by the star of her favorite movie musicals. Olivia Newton-John, star of one of the most successful musicals of all time, “Grease,” often tours the country. So do many other musical stars.
- If money is no object in your gift, use Orbitz to or CheapTickets.com to plan a weekend in New York City, the home of modern musical theater. Include tickets two musicals that you know she’d enjoy. A plane ticket, hotel room and musical tickets make an unforgettable present. It should be given on a very special occasion. When using such a discount site, the receiver will think the present cost much more than it actually did. Give extravagantly without spending too much.