We take your privacy seriously and we are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
Information We Collect From You
Information You Provide Directly to Us
We may collect and store information you provide to us directly, including information you provide to us when you register for the Services, like your name, username, and password; records and copies of your correspondence to us (including email addresses); your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete; your search queries on the Site; SMS messages you send as a part of a Campaign; information you post to message boards, in chat areas; and information as otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
Information We Collect from Others
We may also collect personal information about you, your online activities, and your interactions with us, our affiliates, or others. We may receive additional information about you, from sources such as advertisers who advertise on our site, our affiliates and vendors, and other commercial sources and third parties. We may also receive information from third parties that identifies your interactions with our Services across multiple devices.
Information Collected Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Services, we, and our third-party service providers, vendors, and advertisers may use automatic data collection technologies to collect:
- Details of your visits to our Site, including traffic pattern data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use with our Services.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your Internet Protocol (IP) address, operating system, and browser type.
- Geolocation information.
- Information about your interactions with email messages, such as the links clicked on and whether the messages are opened or forwarded.
- Demographic information that is about you individually.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). For more information on how you can opt out of behavioral tracking, please see section below titled "Your Choices About Your Information".
We may aggregate automatically collected information with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. This information helps us to improve our Services and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Customize our Services according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you use our Services.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include, but are not limited to:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Services may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Site and to certain other platforms for our Services. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. The Services, pages of our Site, and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related Services statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain content and verifying system and server integrity).
- Google Analytics. We use third-party service providers for web analytic services, such as Google Analytics, with our Services to provide us with statistics and other information about the Services and visitors to the Site and to certain other platforms for our Services.
- Embedded Scripts. An embedded script is programming code designed to collect information about your interactions with the Services. It is temporarily downloaded on your device from our web server or a third-party service provider with whom we work, is active only while you are connected to the Services and deleted or deactivated thereafter.
- Location–identifying Technologies. We use GPS (global positioning systems) software, geo-filtering, and other location-aware technologies for purposes such as verifying your location and delivering or restricting relevant content based on your location.
For further information on tracking technologies and your choices regarding them, please see section below titled "Your Choices About Your Information".
Some Services, including advertisements, and some Campaigns, are served by third parties, including advertisers, ad networks and servers, content providers, and application providers. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of other websites or third parties, and we do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. By linking to such websites or using such third parties’ services, we are not endorsing their content or practices. We encourage you to be aware when you access any such third-party links and to read the privacy policies of each website you access. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, please see section below titled "Your Choices About Your Information".
Online Communities and Social Networking Services
The Site may include certain online communities and other interactive features, such as user profiles, forums and message boards. We recommend that you not use your real name or other personally identifying name. Information you post in such public areas of the Sites is publicly available and may be viewed by and shared with other users. You can restrict user access to certain information through the privacy preferences setting on your account. However, although we strive to use commercially reasonable efforts to implement these privacy preferences, no system or security measure is perfect or impenetrable. You should always be cautious when giving out personal information to others in public online forums. We are not responsible for protecting such information that you may disclose to third parties through the Sites (e.g., sending your contact information to another user through the chat service).
We also work with third-party social media providers to offer you their social networking services through the Services. For example, you can use third-party social networking services to share our content with your friends and followers on those social networking services. These social networking services may be able to collect information about you, while using our Services. These third-party social networking services also may notify your friends about your use of the Services, in accordance with applicable law and their own privacy policies. If you choose to make use of third-party social networking services, we may receive information about you that you have made available to those social networking service, including information about your contacts on those social networking services.
How We Use Your Information
Information you provide is used to process your requests and to provide you with the services you desire. We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Services and to otherwise carry out, evaluate, market, analyze, personalize and improve our Services, which may include storing your information and providing access and sharing of your information with our agents, vendors, suppliers, affiliates, third-party service providers, advertisers and other third parties.
- To administer Campaigns that utilize automatic telephone dialing systems, but only if you’ve opted in. When you sign up to participate in a Campaign, the information you provide may also be provided to our Campaign advertisers, operators, and sponsors, and the use of that information will be governed by those advertisers’, operators’, and sponsors’ privacy policies or practices.
- To contact you via email and otherwise about the Services, your account, events, services or products that we think might be relevant or of interest to you.
How We Share Your Information
Information you provide may be used and shared in an effort to present you with other special offers and promotions that may become available. The extent to which we use and share your Customer Information depends upon the nature of and purpose for which we use and share it. A summary of how we share Your Customer Information with third parties is set forth as follows:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, agents, vendors, suppliers, advertisers, service providers, third-party data providers, second-party consortiums, and other third parties we do business with, or which we use to support our business, to use in performing certain functions or services on our behalf, conducting analyses, sending communications from us, including as a part of a Campaign, or marketing directly to you.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information about our Services is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address to use the “email a friend” feature of our Services, we will transmit the contents of that email and your email address to the recipients.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We reserve the right, and you hereby expressly authorize us, to disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any subpoena, court order, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply our Terms of Service.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect our rights and property or to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity.
Your Choices About Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you control over your information:
- Your Information. You may review and update certain member profile information by logging in to the relevant portion of the Services where such information may be updated.
- Unsubscribe from Emails. To unsubscribe from a particular newsletter, click the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of that email newsletter. When we send newsletters to subscribers, we may allow advertisers or partners to include messages in those newsletters, or we may send sponsored or dedicated messages on behalf of those advertisers or partners. We may disclose your opt-out choices to third parties so that they can honor your preferences in accordance with applicable laws.
- Opt-out from SMS messages. To stop receiving SMS messages after you’ve signed up for a Campaign, just reply “STOP” to opt out and cancel the service. After you send the message “STOP” to us, we will send you a reply message to confirm that you have been unsubscribed. After this, you will no longer receive messages from us.
- Third-Party Cookies.To opt out of anonymous third-party advertising cookies, visit the Network Advertising Initiative website by clicking here.
Internet Based Advertising (IBA)
You can exercise your online advertising choices at http://optout.aboutads.info and www.networkadvertising.org You may also opt out of receiving IBA from many sites through the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) at the NAI Service, and the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) at the DAA consumer choice service. The tools provided on the DAA opt-out page and NAI opt-out page are provided by third parties, and not us. We do not control or operate these tools or the choices that advertisers and others provide through these tools. Some of our third-party service providers require us to specifically list their opt-out links, and those links, as well as opt-out links for other providers we may use, are listed below. When you opt out, you may receive an “opt-out” cookie so that the network will know not to assign you new cookies in the future. You will continue to receive ads, but not behaviorally targeted ads. If you erase your browser’s cookies, you may need to perform this process again. We are not responsible for the effectiveness of, or compliance with, any third parties’ opt-out options or programs or the accuracy of their statements regarding their programs.
They are widely used to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the Site. You can set your browser not to accept cookies, however, in a few cases some of our website features may not function as a result.
In this cookies policy, we use the term “cookie” to mean a cookie and any other similar technology, such as web beacons, local stored objects, and pixel tags.
Cookies We Use
We use the following cookies on this website:
- user-input cookies – cookies used to keep track of a user’s input. For example, the completion of a multi-page form, or a shopping basket on an e-commerce website.
- authentication cookies – cookies used to identify a user once he has logged in to a website. But cookies used to “remember me” to avoid the need to log in for future visits are not considered “essential.”
- user-centric security cookies – for example, cookies used to detect the number of failed logins to a service specifically requested by a user.
- multimedia player session cookies – cookies used to store technical information (for example network speed, quality and buffering) needed to play video or audio content requested by the user. This might include Flash cookies.
- load-balancing session cookies used to manage server load balancing. This would fall within the first bullet above (the transmission of a communication).
- UI customization cookies – cookies used to remember preferences specifically set by a user (for example, language or display preferences set using a button or tick box) and not linked to other data such as the user’s username.
- social media content sharing cookies – cookies used by social media plug-ins to identify users that are logged in to social media networks and which are used to enable them to share content using that social media network. These cookies should only persist for so long as the user is logged in or until they close their browser.
- social plug-in tracking cookies – cookies used to track the activity of logged-in users of social networks (for example, for the purposes of targeted advertising, or analytics, etc.).
- third party advertising – cookies used for third party advertising (that is, advertising served by a domain outside the website in question).
- first-party analytics –first-party Analytics cookies (for example, those used for Google Analytics) are not essential and therefore require consent.
Categories of Cookies We Use
The cookies we use fall into the following categories:
- • Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of this website.
- • Analytical/performance cookies. They allow Us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around this website when they are using it. This helps Us to improve the way this website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- • Functionality cookies. These are used to recognize you when you return to this website. This enables Us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- • Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to this website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make this website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
In addition to the cookies listed above, we also use third-party cookies for performance and functional purposes, to provide additional functionality and to make it easier for you to share content on this website. These are cookies that are set by a third party when you access this website and controlled by that third party.
Your California Privacy Rights
Under California law, customers who are California residents are entitled to annually request and obtain information about the personal information we shared, if any, with other businesses for their own direct marketing. If applicable, the information would include the categories of personal information and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared personal information for the immediately prior calendar year.
Children Under the Age of 13
The Services are not intended for children under 13 years of age and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information.